No matter what you do, bad days are bound to happen. Even the happiest person will have one of those days where everything goes wrong, you feel upset for no reason, annoyed at yourself or others about nothing. I’m sure I’m not the only person who has felt like this, I still have the occasional day where I think it isn’t worth getting out of bed. When bad days occur, you can either dwell in self pity or turn the day into something positive.
Everyone has different ways to think positively and tackle bad days, not everything will be helpful but I’ve listed a few suggestions that you can try to turn that frown upside down…
1. Don’t stay indoor all day, go out and get some fresh air.
2. Pamper yourself by having a long hot bath, painting your nails, using a face mask or any kind of pampering you love.
3. Read something inspirational, whether that be a favourite book, quotes or blogs.
4. Don’t be afraid to write your feelings down and get some frustration out.
5. Spend some time with a positive person, I have a friend who is so positive and she will always make you see the silver lining in any situation. Although she thinks that everything can be solved with healthy food…
6. Call up a friend and have a heart to heart, when something is wrong with me I speak to my best friend, she’s always there to listen and cheer me up.
7. Retail therapy is always a winner, buy a nice new top or maybe a new phone case.
8. Switch off from the technology and have some “me” time.
9. Listen to positive and uplifting music.
10. Watch your favourite movie or chain watch a series on Netflix.
11. Do something creative like drawing, sewing, blogging, baking or one of your hobbies. Personally, I would read some scripts for acting or do some blogging.
12. Get out of bed, have a shower and get dressed. You’ll feel so much better and refreshed.
13. Plan or do something fun, have you wanted to start a new project well now its time to start. Perhaps you were thinking about booking a getaway?
14. Do some exercise, fitness has been proven to release positive endorphins.
15. Eat something extra special, whether you want junk food or a sweet treat.
16. Have a pyjama day, if I ever do this I have a shower and get into a new pair of PJs, is this strange?
Do you have any tips for trackling bad days?